Hi Reinhard,

Is this a design choice? As I try to read the general idea, Cocoon 3 is
to be minimal and would have only a dependency on the Spring framework.
Somebody considering to build a web application with cocoon that needs
authentication would have to code the page redirection mechanism
herself?
Assuming that a JAAS/LDAP component is plugged in via Sping, the logic
of
For a realm filtered by url characteristics (say 'secure/*.*')
'is there a HttpSession which has a remote user?
yes -> OK, through with processing, based upon role/rights
no  -> send to login page, or 'forbidden' page, whereby the login page
captures authentication tokes from user and feeds that to the
authentication component (which itself is an indepent component.

Not that it is very difficult to code such behaviour for an individual
application, but to enable this from within the sitemap looks perfecly
sound within the cocoon philosophy, thereby avoiding to insert
permission checks into the data access layer.

What do you think?

Kind regards,
Jos Snellings