On 01/04/2011 03:38 AM, Peter Hunsberger wrote:
On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Reinhard Pötz<reinh...@apache.org>  wrote:

For the last couple of months I haven't been following Cocoon development
closely, but I want to work again on a couple of things related to Cocoon.

First I'd like to start with the release of some long overdue modules:

  * cocoon-maven-plugin (plus cocoon-rcl-*):

   It has been in use for quite a while, hence I'd like to
   release it as 1.0.0

  * cocoon-jnet

   Since it's only a bug fix release that can be used as a
   drop-in replacement for 1.1.0, I suggest releasing it as
   1.1.1

  * cocoon-thien-maven-site-skin

   It has been in use for quite a while, hence I'd like to
   release it as 1.0.0

Since the Cocoon Maven plugin and the cocoon-rcl-* modules are used in Cocoon 2
and 3 I'd like to move them to a more general place. For that purpose I suggest
moving them to cocoon/trunk/subprojects.

WDYT?

+1  - I'm not completely sure about whether 1.0 is completely correct
in some cases, but OTOH I don't think it's worth worrying about...

Neither am I but changing any contracts without some deprecation phase in the cocoon-maven-plugin or the site-skin wouldn't be very helpful to the existing users. And, there's always the chance of a 2.x release ;-)

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinh...@apache.org

    http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap