Francesco, thank you very much for working towards a release! Comments in-line.

On 04/15/2011 09:23 AM, Francesco Chicchiriccò wrote:
Hi all,
taking a look at [1], it seems that the only issue currently blocking
the alpha-3 release of Cocoon 3 is COCOON3-58 [2]. Actually, that issue
has been already fixed by Simone Tripodi (look at the patch attached to
the ticket); there are, though, still some doubts about copyright issues
[3].
In my opinion - as already expressed there - if the "possible TM issue"
is limited to regexp patterns, I don't think there could be anything to
claim about.

I think so too.

Having said that, and taking into account the need that still seems to
be around of having a stable Cocoon 3 release as soon as possible, what
do you think if we close COCOON3-58 and do a fresh alpha-3 release?

yes, that would be great

Moreover, only 8 issues (including the above-mentioned COCOON3-58) are
still open [4], so we could catch the chance to try to fix them and do a
clamorous beta release! What do you think about this?

I would like to see an alpha-3 release before and aim for a beta release in about two or three months.

The reason is that I want to discuss (and fix) the result type of pipelines before (http://cocoon.markmail.org/message/ew3pnsyz6g5a6ho3). Steven and I have experimented with some API changes that go beyond that what I proposed back in December 2008 but we haven't had enough time to write down our thoughts and send them to this list.

Since there are multiple options to solve this problem I expect that the discussions will take some time and shouldn't prevent an alpha

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinh...@apache.org

    http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap