On 07/13/2011 08:12 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
Hi all,

I developed a small @Logger annotation for a customer project which I
would like to contribute. The question is ATM what is the best way?

ATM I have implemented the annotation based on an independent
BeanPostProcessor which I then invoke with adding
<!-- logger annotation implementation -->
   <bean class="org.apache.cocoon.common.LoggerInjector"/>

Basically the class is doing:
if (field.getAnnotation(Logger.class) != null) {
                     Log log = LogFactory.getLog(bean.getClass());
                     field.set(bean, log);
                 }

I saw SpringRESTController and I wonder whether we should add it there
in getController as  populateLogger(configuration, unpackedController,
annotatedFields);

or to leave it independent to allow usages as well in REST independent
components such as generators, etc.

Injection logger instances is already supported. You can use the org.apache.cocoon.rest.controller.annotation.Inject annotation on a field of type org.apache.commons.logging.Log.

BTW, in the beta phase we should move our codebase to slf4j ...

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinh...@apache.org

    http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap