Dear mr. Eisert,

1. I believe it does. I am using the beta version in a "preproduction environment" for quite some time and it is stable. 2. It depends on what you mean by configuration. The sitemap will need some slight adaptations.
    Specifics from cocoon 2.2 will no longer hold.
    - no flowscripts
    - xsp is "banned"
    There is a nonvanishing upgrade effort.
3. no, it should be written. I never used all of cocoon 2.x, but from my experience:
    - start project from 'cocoon sample and cocoon sample webapp'
    - plan need for conversion scripts
    - adapt sitemap
    - adjust configuration (which is now essentially spring configuration)

it depends a great deal on what you have been using in cocoon 2.x.

Jos