As I mentioned several times I think we should polish the pipeline API before we do our first beta release of Cocoon 3. Especially the enforced resutl type "OutputStream" and the exception handling need some improvements.

For that purpose I created a branch "c3-pipeline-api-refactoring" in our whiteboard (https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/whiteboard/c3-pipeline-api-refactoring/) so that our discussions don't become too theoretical ;-)

That branch only contains a minimum set of classes so that we see the effects of a proposed change on real code but don't have to change the whole codebase just for some examples that might be thrown away.

Steven and I plan to continue our work some time next week. We will commit our changes then and explain them on the mailing list for further discussions.

Apache Cocoon Committer, PMC member                  reinh...@apache.org

    http://s.apache.org/JCPIsDead       http://s.apache.org/tck-trap