On 12/02/2016 16:02, Hans-Heinrich Braun wrote:
i have a cocoon application which i used already some time.
When i tried to reinstall it and tried to start it with jetty:run i get the following error.:

Hi,
I have just fixed some problems with published SNAPSHOT artifacts.

I have just re-generated an empty Cocoon 3 block with

mvn archetype:generate \
    -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.cocoon.archetype-block \
    -DarchetypeArtifactId=cocoon-archetype-block \
    -DarchetypeVersion=3.0.0-beta-1-SNAPSHOT \
    -DgroupId=com.mycompany \
    -DartifactId=mysite \
-DarchetypeRepository=https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/

then

cd mysite
mvn jetty:run

and it worked flawlessly.

I have noticed troubles in building Cocoon 3 source with JDK 8, so I had to switch to JDK 7.

HTH
Regards.

[ERROR] Failed startup of context org.mortbay.jetty.plugin.Jetty6PluginWebAppContext@3c3562c0{/,/home/braun/appfuse/braunimmobilien/cocoon/target/rcl/webapp} java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot invoke listener org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener@6468904c

and later

Caused by: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Unable to read spring configurations from classpath*:META-INF/cocoon/spring; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.parsing.BeanDefinitionParsingException: Configuration problem: Unexpected failure during bean definition parsing Offending resource: URL [jar:file:/home/braun/.m2/repository/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-jnet/1.2.2/cocoon-jnet-1.2.2.jar!/META-INF/cocoon/spring/cocoon-jnet-collector.xml] Bean 'org.apache.cocoon.jnet.URLHandlerFactoryCollector'; nested exception is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(Ljava/lang/String;)Ljava/lang/Class;

I could not find out what i made wrong.

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò

Tirasa - Open Source Excellence
http://www.tirasa.net/

member, Syncope PMC chair, Cocoon PMC, Olingo PMC, CXF committer
http://home.apache.org/~ilgrosso/