On 10/10/2016 19:28, Antonio Gallardo wrote:
Hi folks,

+1 for 1.5.

If in the future we have the need to move to a more recent version (ie:
because a patch), then we should discuss it.

Hi,
we *are* discussing exactly that.

At the moment we have a couple of patches on hold, for COCOON-2354 and COCOON-2352.

Since it seems to me that there is enough consensus to move on, I will open a new issue for setting the compatibility to JDK 1.5 (at least for the moment) so that we can move on and accept the two patches above.

Regards.

Hi all,
as recently noticed during the (unfortunately rejected) patch for
COCOON-2354 [1], it might make sense to upgrade the current minimum
JDK requirement for Cocoon 2.1 from 1.4 to 1.5, mainly to ease some
upgrades and help Cocoon 2.1 living in the modern world.

Besides 3rd part library updates, some work could be needed to upgrade
our Java code, so help would be appreciated.

WDYT?
Regards.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/c03a2390ddd45b801a25e9946a492766936528700000f4f4fbe732d8@%3Cdev.cocoon.apache.org%3E