From: Christofer Dutz <christofer.d...@c-ware.de>
Date: Monday, 20. November 2023 at 10:08
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org <dev@cocoon.apache.org>
Subject: AW: Now that the release is out, what's next?
Hi all,

let me mention one thing here … Open-Source is not a need-driven thing, that
anyone is entitled to exist to solve one owns needs. It’s an initiative-driven
thing that anyone can participate.

So, if you need some open-source solution, you should consider actively
contributing. Because if nobody contributes, then the open-source project will
die and move into the attic.

An alternative for this is that people and companies can pay someone else to
participate in their place.

But in the end, if nobody works on it, it’s going to go into the attic.

I hope with my general overhaul of the build and project structure, I have made
contributing and releasing a lot simpler, but I’m not planning on keeping the
lights on, if I’m the only one working.

Chris