From: Francesco Chicchiriccò <ilgro...@apache.org>
Sent: Friday, December 1, 2023 6:45:42 PM
To: dev@cocoon.apache.org <dev@cocoon.apache.org>
Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Retiring 3.0 ? (Was: Re: Future of the Cocoon project)

On 01/12/23 18:24, Cédric Damioli wrote:
> Le 01/12/2023 à 17:41, Cédric Damioli a écrit :
>> We'd like to know whether you'd prefer:
>> [ ] retiring Cocoon 3.0
>> [ ] reviving/maintaining Cocoon 3.0, meaning that you volunteer to be
>> somehow involved
>
> I'd vote +1 for retiring Cocoon 3.0, as during the past 10+ years, I had seen
> no thread, no questions about it.
> I personally have never tried it.

Cocoon 3.0 has been my first "serious" approach to The ASF and also where I
earned committership and PMC membership.

I am not pleased to admin that, but I think it is time to let it go: while its
ground ideas were incredibly neat at the time, they never turned into
mainstream, regrettably.

It has been even used by Syncope until 3.0.0-M0 [1] around Q4 2022.

Regards.

[1] https://github.com/apache/syncope/blob/syncope-3.0.0-M0/pom.xml#L1167-L1176

--
Francesco Chicchiriccò