On 2009-03-12, Christian Grobmeier <grobme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,

> since everybody seems to agree to promoting compress I collected
> several todos.

I'm a bit swamped at ${work} right now, but hope to prepare a PROPOSAL
and start a formal vote tomorrow at latest.

> * Gump: I don't see compress here:
> http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/apache-commons/index.html

Because you are looking at the wrong place 8-)

http://vmgump.apache.org/gump/public/commons-sandbox/index.html

> I guess compress should be included like the other components.

Will be there once it has moved in svn, no need for JIRA.

> * Stefan wrote: "I'd love to work on Zip64 support (archiving files >
> 2GB), but this can wait until 1.1.". Well, prio has allready been
> said, but I guess this would fit fine in Jira issue (Medium)

I know I won't be able to work oon it in March, so it shuldn't be in
the 1.0 time frame.

> * ChangeSet Support (SANDBOX-183): testcases and such are running. Its
> possible to write to Zip files. I would think this could go into a
> release, maybe as experimental.

Need to have a deeper look before I can comment.

> * sebb said:"I'd like to see some statements in the Javadoc about the
> intended thread safety or otherwise of the classes.". I would think we
> should include this as an Jira issue, so it won't get lost.

+1

> * CPIO implementation needs more testcases. I think this should go
> into Jira.

Not sure whether we need a JIRA ticket for "add tests", but OK.

> Then of coursse we have a lots of issues/bugs.
> Policy [1] says: "Make sure that there are no major bugs in JIRA".
> This would mean we have to fix at least 9 issues.

well, it depends on us to change the severity as needed.  If we agree
that something really is an enhancement, it shouldn't block a release.

Stefan