Hi,

some of the classes inherited from Ant contain protected fields that
are only there for backwards compatibility reasons.

For example ZipOutputStream in Ant used to extend
java.util.zip.DeflaterOutputStream in Ant 1.4 which exposes the
Deflater as a non-final protected field - when we changes the the
class to inherit from OutputStream directly we decided to keep those
fields exposed.

commons-compress doesn't need to think about backwards compatibilty
right now, but every method or field we expose now will be there to
stay.

I'd like to remove some fields, make them private or final and maybe
move some methods around before our first release.  In particular:

ZipArchiveOutputStream
======================

* make def final

* make buf private final

* move toDosTime and adjustToLong to a helper class

ZipFile
=======

* move fromDosTime to a helper class

TarArchiveInputStream (see also SANDBOX-294)

* make buffer final

* make debug, entrySize, entryOffset, readBuf private

* make hasHitEOF, currEntry private and provide protected accessors

* make oneBuf private final

* remove the in field completely

TarArchiveOutputStream

* make buffer final

* make debug, currSize, currName, currBytes, recordBuf, assemLen
  and longfileMode private

* make oneBuf and assemBuf private final

* remove getHeader method

Any objections?

    Stefan