On 5/5/11 9:20 AM, Gary Gregory wrote:
> I would like to propose an aggressive release schedule:
>
> - Push 2.0 out as a generified version of 1.5 ASAP and add/remove/fiddle
> nothing else. "Just give me the generics P L E A S E!" :) Change deprecated
> documentation from "Will be removed in 2.0" to "Will be removed in 3.0".
Why such a rush to just get generics?  Honestly, this makes no sense
to me.  If you really want a type-safe pool, it is easy enough to
wrap the methods that borrow and return objects.  If we make this
decision, we are effectively deciding that the current pool API is
going to be *the* API for several years to come.  We may also be
painting ourselves into a performance corner supporting all of the
features in the current API.  We won't know that until we really get
the DBCP integration and performance testing done.

Phil