On 2 March 2012 00:59, Gilles Sadowski <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org> wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I managed to complete part of the release process:
>
> Tag on SVN:
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/proper/math/tags/MATH_3_0_RC1/
>
> Artefacts on Nexus:
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachecommons-010/
>
> I'm still stuck with the "staged" web site (cf. other post); but you can
> already have a look at the above deliverables. Please let me know of
> anything that requires correction.

I think there are quite a few things that need checking before it is
safe to do a release.
This is the first release with the new package, so it's a chance to
fix all the inherited poor APIs.

We need to try and apply all the changes that will break binary
compat. before this release, rather than after.

As such, any mutable public or protected variables should ideally be
made private.

Thread-safety is harder to achieve with mutable variables, so any
classes with setter methods should be checked to see if the setters
are really needed or not.