On Tue, Mar 13, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org> wrote:
> Le 13/03/2012 01:25, sebb a écrit :
>

>> I'm concerned that the CSV code may grow and grow with private
>> versions of code that could be provided by the JDK.
>>
>> By all means make sure the code is efficient in the way it uses the
>> JDK classes, but I don't think we should be recoding standard classes.
>

> I agree such a class should not live in [csv], but maybe in [io]?

IMO performance should be taken out of the equation by using the
Readable interface[1]. That way the users can use whatever
implementation suits them (for example using an underlying buffered
InputStream) to change/improve performance.

Niall

[1] http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Readable.html