Hi,

build worked for me with Java 1.5 and 1.6 on Windows 7. However, I found the following problems:

- commons-email-1.3.jar from the binary distribution does not contain the license and NOTICE files in its META-INF folder. - The clirr report contains 29 errors. I did not follow discussions during development of [email], so I don't know whether this is a problem for users or not. However, I would at least expect that incompatible changes are clearly stated in the release notes. - The binary distribution is pretty minimalistic. Other commons components typically ship the Javadocs and other artifacts like the sources jar. (Maybe not a major problem, but it would be nice if we were more consistent within Commons.) - Minor nit: Could the source distribution deflate in a different directory than the binary one?

<offTopic>
Is it possible with our current Common Parent setup to test the release with Maven 3 on a JDK 1.4? When I run mvn package -P java-1.4 I get the following error:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/maven/surefire/junit/JUnit3Pr
ovider (Unsupported major.minor version 49.0)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
3)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.IsolatedClassLoader.loadClass(Isolat
edClassLoader.java:97)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.loadClass(ReflectionUt
ils.java:228)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.instantiateOneArg(Refl
ectionUtils.java:128)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireReflector.instantiateProvide
r(SurefireReflector.java:239)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.createProvider(Provi
derFactory.java:122)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory.invokeProvider(Provi
derFactory.java:81)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.runSuitesInProcess(Fork
edBooter.java:103)
at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:
74)
</offTopic>

Oliver