I think the idea was to implement functionality that doesn't fit with what
File Systems do, in this version control system operations.  So that
operations like update, commit, revert, etc could be supported.  I too,
implemented something on top of SVNKit (for an internal project), and
another project on top of YANNFS -- I wonder how many implementations are
floating around there just due to licensing restrictions?

Mark