I've finally completed the work on updating chain v2 to fix Checkstyle
/ PMD violations. It wasn't advisable to fix all of the issues, but I
have fixed the major ones. As a side note, I've intentionally left off
the javadocs for the example code that is used in the cookbook.

Please see the attached diff here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CHAIN-69