On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Sébastien Brisard
<sebastien.bris...@m4x.org> wrote:

>>> Does that mean that porting it into Commons-Math is possible
>>> (license-wise?). I would think it does…
>>
>> That seems explicitly restrictive to me. e.g. If I don't  claim to be in the
>> general scientific community, the software has not been made available to me.
>>
> I agree with you. However, "scientific community" does seem a bit
> vague to me. Arguably, anyone using Commons-*MATH* could claim to
> belong to the scientific community...

If somebody writes a webbased SPSS or a company like creates
statistics on the SO usage with Math? Surely this is commercial use
and not really science?

Anyway the AL2.0 does not have restrictions who can use it or not; my
guess is it is not directly compatible.

But you really should ask legal@ in this case. I have not seen this
license listed here:
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

But they might be able to help you anyway.

Cheers
Christian

http://www.grobmeier.de
https://www.timeandbill.de