Am 01.09.2012 19:11, schrieb Gary Gregory:
Hi All:

Checkstyle can report warnings like:

'+' should be on the previous line.

FWIW, I'm not fond of this particular checkstyle rule.

Does anyone know if the Eclipse formatter can be made to behave like this?
I've not found such setting in the giant formatter options dialog. I am on
Eclipse 3.7.2. Are there any 4.x users out there? If so, does 4.x deal with
this?

In Eclipse 4.2.0 there seems to be indeed a corresponding option: Under "Line Wrapping", "Expressions"/"Binary expressions" (in the tree view), there is a checkbox "Wrap before operator".

Oliver

Thank you,
Gary