As I understand svnpubsub is the easiest solution, we just have to dump
the content of the web site to a SVN repository. We can start with this
and work with SVN to update the site right now (copying a Maven
generated site manually to a working copy and then commit is not really
a hurdle). We can then get the Maven integration right to simplify the
publishing.

Emmanuel Bourg