On Tue, Nov 20, 2012 at 10:12 AM, Mark Struberg <strub...@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Heh, the other option has been 'privilator'
>
> Catchy as well, and would have given a nice slogan: 'Privilator - I'll be
> secure, baby'
>
> It's a bit less self-explaining though.
>

> We are looking forward to use it in Apache BVal, OpenWebBeans, DeltaSpike
> and probably MyFaces for now.
>
> One thing I like to give a try is to generate private method wrappers in
> all _caller_ classes. That would even allow for public helper methods which
> are perfectly save.

This is a point on which Mark and I differ, so if this is implemented I
prefer to do it as an option, perhaps using a different annotation, e.g.
@RequiresPrivileges.  My concern is that there could be any number of
callers, so the task of finding and weaving them all is a large one (I
wouldn't even know what existing libraries will perform for me a search for
all callers of method Foo#bar(), and what about reflection-based
invocations?), and it means you can't simply distribute a library and call
it "privilized."  :)  Of course, none of this is anything you can't do with
e.g. AspectJ, but as mentioned in the overview the [privilizer] code adds
no runtime dependencies (not even its own API jar!).

Matt