On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 03:52:17PM -0600, Matt Benson wrote:
> I've just added the directory to our svn tree so that there would be
> someplace at which to point it.  I think the next step is to determine
> whether we want a "normal" CMS site like Logging has, in which case we
> could prop something up with e.g. Twitter bootstrap as is becoming quite
> popular among ASF TLPs.  If we like to keep a Maven-generated look, we'd
> probably be best advised to consult the Maven folks on how they're doing
> this.

If I interpret correctly what I see, the "logging" site has both: The
top-level site is "powered by Twitter Bootstrap" while the "components" are
"built by maven".
That looks like a nice starting point. I.e. we should have the top-level web
CMS-site set up to replace the "Commons" homepage, and every "sub-sites"
button would point to the corresponding legacy site (until the components'
sites themselves are ready).

Gilles