On Jan 30, 2013, at 12:16 PM, Olivier Lamy wrote:

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk/
> Agree for mapping proper/commons-attributes -> proper/commons-attributes-2.2
> Why not with modifying .htaccess ?
> (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/commons/cms-site/trunk/content/resources/.htaccess)
>
> RedirectMatch ^(.*)/attributes/(.*) $1/proper/commons-attributes-2.2/$2

If it works that is fine too.  I know when we were doing the logging site
Christian had problems getting that to work properly.

> symlink means:
> * probably won't work for windauze folks.

It does. On Windows svn creates a file that you can edit.

> * you will need to checkout locally all the content from
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/
> (which will be really bigger if versioned site documentation) whereas
> it's not needed as the scm pub plugin help you to not have to do that.

See the instructions on publishing the logging site. You can checkout and
ignore most of the subdirectories you don't want.

> In case of versioned documentation a new parent release will be needed
> because parent has the subpub url defined with
> <commons.scmPubUrl>https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/${project.artifactId}</commons.scmPubUrl>
> But each component can override that with
> <commons.scmPubUrl>https://svn.apache.org/repos/infra/websites/production/commons/content/proper/${project.artifactId}-${project.version}</commons.scmPubUrl>

I guess you are assuming the site is actually published to production via
Maven.  I never do that so there is no need to release the parent.  I run mvn
site:stage-deploy to a local directory and then just copy that into the correct
svn directory (i.e. something like commons-attributes-2.2) and then do an svn
commit.  With a symlink you don't have to update the CMS site either. With
.htaccess I guess you would.

Ralph