Hi Bruno,
  This idea was talked about some time ago; Emmanuel Bourg had asked:

why Predicate isn't an extension of Function<Boolean> ?

My answer is at
http://wiki.apache.org/commons/Sanity%20Check%20of%20APIs%2C%20etc. .

Now, thinking about it more, I feel more amenable to the idea of everything
inheriting from a single interface, but the fact remains that something has
to be sacrificed to do this.  I suppose the least painful approach would be
to implement abstract predicate/procedure classes for each supported arity;
these could implement {Arity}Function in terms of the abstract method e.g.

public abstract class AbstractUnaryPredicate<A> implements
UnaryPredicate<A> {
  public final Boolean evaluate(A argument) {
    return Boolean.valueOf(test(argument));
  }

  public abstract boolean test(A argument);

}

Do we want to do this?

Matt