On 3/4/13 4:24 AM, Luc Maisonobe wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to release version 3.2 of [math] soon.
> Any thoughts about it?
>
> Luc

Once again, sorry to be late on reviewing stuff.  I think
"DiscreteDistribution" added in MATH-942 is misnamed.  It should be
called "FiniteDistribution" as the standard definition (linked in
the javadoc) applies to distributions such as Poisson and others
(some of which we already have) that have infinitely many values.
The javadoc should be clarified to indicate clearly what the class
actually is.  I am +1 for adding the class, as it is useful to be
able to construct pmfs from parallel arrays; but the name should be
changed.  Also, I would drop "DiscreteEmpiricalDistribution" as it
basically duplicates EmpiricalDistribution.  I will make the
necessary changes if others are OK with them.

Phil