Le 26/03/2013 16:31, Gary Gregory a écrit :

> Right, so here we are now with the fluent builder API. You've expressed
> discontent. So now what can we do? How do you think the API can be made
> better? Would you prefer to see many ctors on CVSFormat in addition to the
> fluent API so you can choose one style over the other depending on
> circumstance? Or would you never use the fluent API? I wonder if there is
> room for both styles or if this is a case of 'you can't make all of the
> people happy all of the time...'
>
> For me a builder API is OK, but I am not a fan of the fluent API in Java,
> in Smalltalk, sure that was great (I won't digress ;) But I can live with
> it.

Well I understand not everybody is comfortable with a fluent API, that's
probably not what we are used to see in the Java sphere, but we see more
and more successful projects following this pattern.

There are already several CSV APIs built around the traditional
constructors/accessors pattern. The idea here was to start afresh with
new ideas. If we just replicate what exists elsewhere we don't create
much value.

Emmanuel Bourg