On 30.04.2013 00:01, Gilles wrote:
If someone doesn't develop a Commons component, he is not in the
"developer"
category for that component.
If his app _uses_ a Commons component, he is a "user" of that component.
This kind of users should indeed be encouraged to test snapshots, and
report
problems _before_ an official release is made.

I completely agree with you. Looking at the Commons components, all "users" are also "developers" one way or another, as the components are merley libraries, not applications.

From what I understand of the Maven idea, snapshots are *the* way binaries can be distributed for testing - including separate storage in a separate repository. The whole repository infrastructure was made for this. The snapshot status carries the clear message that this binary is not for production use and can change its API anytime. So why not use this?

Bye, Thomas.