Here is some commit activity:

http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?view=plot&from=20130101&to=20131009&path=%2Fcommons%2Fproper&plotsort=%24plotsort
But we should to exclude "typo" fixes and such.

For example:
http://svnsearch.org/svnsearch/repos/ASF/search?view=resultlist&from=20130101&to=20131009&path=%2Fcommons%2Fproper%2Fcommons-gpg-plugin&plotsort=%24plotsort
22 changes on commons gpg, but not really meaningful changes. I would not consider Commons GPG as maintained.

Jira doesn't mean much to me. Users can submit issues, but this doesn't mean a component is maintained. Even when 20 issues were submitted for GPG, it would not consider it maintained.