On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM, Phil Steitz <phil.ste...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Question for James - how many new committers did they get?  Random drive by
> pull requests won't help us.  We already get more patches than we can
> evaluate and apply in a timely fashion.  The key question is will the git
> move net us new committers. I suspect the answer is yes but it would be great
> to hear from others that is the case.

I don't know, but I'll see if I can come up with the numbers.

One thing to keep in mind with those numbers is that Apache Camel is a
lot less "approachable" than most of the stuff here at Commons. Our
projects, for the most part, are made up of common little bits of code
that most folks have either written or thought about how to write on
their projects (thinking of stuff like StringUtils and the like).
Camel's code, when you start digging into it, is very difficult to try
to understand (not saying it's poorly written or anything; it's just a
tougher problem space).