Ah I see so you can just stop computing the eigenvectors when the
eigenvalues are too small. That does seem more efficient and then the
zero values are left as literally 0. I think I should back up and
implement the patch that way.

The original question stands then -- what to do about the singularity
threshold parameter given the existence of a constructor with the
signature already? because that is where it belongs. Adding an extra
boolean flag dodges that question; it feels a little funny just
because then we should have similar logic for other decompositions. I
think I remember the LU one stops early, always.