On 2014-11-29, Benedikt Ritter wrote:

> currently I feel really overwhelmed by the stuff I'd like to do at commons
> and the little time I can spend for it.

As many others have already said, most of us know exactly what you are
talking about and IMHO the only solution for you is to not pick too many
goals at once.  And accept that you are human with a limited amount of
time at hand.  Doing one thing always means you decide against doing a
different thing.

> I wonder how you feel about this. I have the feeling that a lot of people
> ask us to fix stuff and release components but we don't really catch up
> with this. This will give people the feeling that we are slow or we simply
> don't care.

Maybe we are not good at explaining that we need help to fix stuff and
more oftne than not the people who experience the problems are best
suited to provide said help.

> I don't see a way how we can improve this. My feeling is, that we need more
> committers.

Right.  I'm not sure there is a recipe for this, though.

> But then I have the comments of people I've talked to in my ear: "to
> old school", "to difficult to get involved", "to slow development
> process", "to unwelcoming community". So what do we do? Do we need
> help?

If we are perceived as "unwelcoming" then this is a real problem - and
one we need to solve.  "old school" and "slow development" could easily
solved by fresh blood - much more than by anything the "old schoolers"
would do.

Stefan