In practice it is most likely that a user of the 1.1 version of the
Antlib (firstly, doesn't exist, but if they did) would see no effect
because Ant's own classes are loaded in the parent CL of the Antlib's
CL, therefore the Ant classes, correctly, would not be used. While the
jar is technically not BC, there was never any intent for those
classes to be included (this only happened because the clirr report
wasn't smart enough to handle provided dependencies and therefore
couldn't be run to compare 1.1 to 1.0). The only way there could be a
problem is if the user ran the entire Ant process from the 1.1
cw-antlib jar, which would take some doing, and which certainly should
not IMO be considered a supported use case. And since the release
process is so onerous, I don't think we really have to worry about any
newer Commons component picking up enough traction for any changes to
affect any users of any type, ever. :P However, since releases cannot
be vetoed and Phil and Romain have made viable suggestions as to how
to handle this, my inclination is to conclude this vote as having
passed.

Matt