Honestly this seems to be an issue with the maven settings.xml on the server
that ran the build. I’m guess that they were using the default maven
settings.xml as opposed to the settings.xml that is needed for apache commons
(which would contain the hashed credentials for the repository.apache.org
<http://repository.apache.org/> nexus instance). So as stated theres not much
we could do other than potentially ensuring that the build runs on a different
jenkins server.

-Rob