If it's compiled at a higher target version, it's not a drop-in
replacement. They must upgrade their JRE. One might argue that's actually
*less* backward compatible. We've had this debate before. I don't really
care which way we go, but let's make sure we stay true to the philosophy
(if we want to maintain that philosophy).