Am 28.11.2016 um 22:28 schrieb Gary Gregory:
> WRT licensing, I re-implemented the annotations in git master. Notice that
> all Javadocs are different and much simpler for now. Feel free to write
> more.

As the length of this thread shows, using annotations for the purpose of
documenting thread-safety can be a controversial topic.

I do not see the advantage over a plain text documentation in Javadoc.
Written text can even be more comprehensive.

The risk that the documentation goes out of sync with the implementation
is given in both scenarios. But if a class announced as thread-safe is
manipulated in a way that it is no longer thread-safe, I would consider
this as a bug. This is also a kind of backwards-incompatible change.

My 2 cents
Oliver