On Thu, 2 Mar 2017 11:30:17 +0000, sebb wrote:
This info (when validated) should be added to the Wiki:

https://wiki.apache.org/commons/UsingGIT

Oh, it already is there at the end

Indeed, there is information there.
That works:
  $ git fetch github pull/72/head:fix-foo-in-bar

But is it simpler to
 1. remember the syntax
 2. go to the GitHub site (following the link "manually" posted by
    the contributor on the JIRA page)
 3. figure out what part of the GitHub page contains the string
    for replacing "fix-foo-in-bar"
 4. copy/paste it in a console
 5. run the above command
 6. merge the branch created by the above command
than have the full command posted automatically on the JIRA page,
so that the committer can do everything in one go?

Note that the command above is not the same as the syntax provided
in the automatic posts ("fetch" vs "pull").

Question is still: Why different behaviours of the GitHub mirrors?
Do we want this fixed?
How?

Thanks,
Gilles