From: Gilles <gil...@harfang.homelinux.org>
Sent: Friday, March 24, 2017 2:13:40 AM
To: dev@commons.apache.org
Subject: Re: Contributing to Apache Commons (Beginner task)

Hello.

On Thu, 23 Mar 2017 21:02:11 +0100, Vladimir Kaplarevic wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am looking to contribute to Apache Commons and start of with some
> basic
> beginner task. I came across this:
>
> https://helpwanted.apache.org/task.html?532e1a732ca32a4e35fc7fc0e4c9373b6af1c17d
>
> If possible, I would like to help out but I am not sure about the
> steps
> that I need to take here - ask to get jira ticket assigned, I guess?
> Also,
> I am not sure that I can find the jira ticket in here
> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/RNG-6> .
>
> Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks for your interest.
The wording in the " helpwanted" request is a bit out-of-date,
since the release happened last December.
However, it is still very useful to try out the code in real
applications and report of any problems.  You could also design
"toy" applications tailored to illustrate features of the library
(see the "commons-rng-examples" module in the source repository).

You could also have a look at the open issues (although those
might not be beginner tasks).

Don't hesitate to ask more questions, so we can focus more
precisely on what you want to do.

Best regards,