Hi,

> Am 01.06.2017 um 16:03 schrieb Rob Tompkins <chtom...@gmail.com>:
>
> Hello all,
>
> Folks at my day job have a method that takes in a space delimited String (or
> arbitrarily delimited string for that matter), and returns a camel cased
> string. Is there any reason that this shouldn’t be in StringUtils? It feels
> reasonable to me. What are folks thoughts?

Sorry to come late to this discussion. We should have a look at Guava’s
CaseFormat class, which das camel case conversion and more. I think that design
should lead yours.
I’ve come to the conclusion that anything that is more complex than
StringUtils.isEmpty(String) (e.g. needs more than one parameter) should not be
implemented as a static util method. Such a design always leads to procedural
style coding which is an anti pattern IMHO.
CaseFormat is a nice example of how should an API can be build more OOP style.

Regards,
Benedikt