> On Jun 21, 2017, at 3:22 PM, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Jun 21, 2017 12:12, "Emmanuel Bourg" <ebo...@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> Le 21/06/2017 à 19:17, Amey Jadiye a écrit :
>>
>> Though its very trivial to build, by any chance we should have palindrome
>> method in Apache Commons API ? there is nothing bad having this tool in
>> our arsenal, preferably in StringUtils ?
>
> Like sebb I fail to see the use case for this. Checking palindromes
> looks more like an academic exercise to me than a useful feature of a
> text oriented library.

I can see this point fairly clearly, but I also would also be curious to see if
openNLP or lucene/solr has such a function. It wouldn't surprise me.

That being said, we should indeed be careful about creating code with no
obvious use case. So until we can unearth folks doing palindromic operations
let's hold off. I do recall Bruno saying he might have some use cases though.

-Rob