Hi,

> Am 24.06.2017 um 20:19 schrieb Matt Benson <gudnabr...@gmail.com>:
>
> TBH, I don't know that I think there's a reason to do such a library
> unless it's really a game changer. Some years ago I was working on
> some code outside the ASF, but it never went anywhere. The approach I
> took would have been pretty controversial, but we're so behind the
> curve here there's no reason IMO to do anything if it's not fairly
> radical.

Currently functor is somehow in limbo state. It has been promoted to proper,
but there has never been a release. So I wonder what we want to do with it.
Currently I’m thinking about a library providing some utility functor
implementations. That’s the reason I thought only targeting Java 8 would be a
good idea.

Thank you. Your input here is very much appreciated!

Cheers,
Benedikt