From: Pascal Schumacher <pascalschumac...@gmx.net>
To: Commons Developers List <dev@commons.apache.org>
Sent: Saturday, 9 June 2018 8:53 PM
Subject: [all] - git: prevent unnecessary merge commits?

Hello everybody,

in my opinion it is a good practice to always use the "--rebase" option

when using "git pull". This keeps the history free of unnecessary merge

commits like "Merge branch 'master' of

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repo...";.

You can also tell git to automatically rebase when pulling:

git config --global pull.rebase true

What do you think?

Cheers,

Pascal