It ended up being quite easy to get the unit test to pass, though the new
functionality is no more tested than was the existing username/password
functionality.

I do find in attempting to generate the site that, despite the plugin's
having been set to build with Java 8, it seems that the javancss report
that is configured is unable to parse :: syntax and no new release of the
plugin is available. Can we remove or replace this plugin?

Matt