Hi all,

I am almost done following the docs to prepare a release. Didn't struggle as
much as I expected with the release-plugin. Had more trouble getting the
MANIFEST.MF entries corrected.

But now, before I create the dist tag, and upload the zip/tar.gz (this was not
executed by the release plugin because... it's a project that uses assembly
plugin I think), I would like to confirm a few things

- The version release is 1.0-alpha
- The changes.xml is for 1.0. I found that commons-lang appears to have had a
3.0-beta. The changes.xml contains the entries for 3.0, with an HTML comment
showing which changes were added post 3.0-beta. So I did the same for imaging
- RELEASE-NOTES.txt is still saying 1.0... should it be 1.0-alpha?
- What else would need to be updated? The site perhaps??? Or is it OK to have a
few places showing 1.0?

I have time to work on the RC1 vote until Monday NZ time this week. So if I
manage to get these points sorted, we might be able to call the RC1 vote, and
leave it running until the next weekend - or cancel it during the week in case
of an error, and then I could prepare RC2 next weekend I think.

Thanks!
Bruno