>From what I understood from the previous messages & discussion on GitHub, it
>would be more convenient for users to be able to have a List instead of an
>Iterable, or instead of having to call the #toList() or convert to a List in
>some other way.
I commented in the pull request, that I don't think there would be a
performance penalty in doing so (at least I don't think so, as the values are
not streamed, but rather kept in the private values array).
However, I think we are delivering an Iterable that's fully capable to be used
as an Iterable now. Whereas the proposal would make it a read-only list, as
that returned from unmodifiableList, i.e. throwing exceptions for add/clear/etc
operations.
In my opinion, I prefer to keep it as an Iterable, leave the toList method, as
I think current users could be affected by accidentally trying to reuse
CSVRecord while reading from one input and writing to an output stream.
So I'm -0 for it.
Bruno