Hi Claude.

Le dim. 20 oct. 2019 à 14:20, Claude Warren <cla...@xenei.com> a écrit :

> A Bloom filter is a set of bits:

It is not, according to the quote here:

> "The hash area is considered as N individual addressable bits, with
> addresses 0 through N - 1. It is assumed that all bits in the hash area are
> first set to 0. Next, each mes- sage in the set to be stored is hash coded
> into a number of distinct bit addresses, say al, a2, ..., ad. Finally, all
> d bits addressed by al through ad are set to 1." -- Burton Bloom,
> "Space/Time Trade-offs in Hash Coding with Allowable Errors"[1]

In effect, the functionality needs some structures (cf. "hash", "message",
"addressable bits") to operate on, in order to provide its service (what I
called the _user_ API).
Either your contribution still confuses API with implementation, or I'm
still totally missing what it tries to achieve (in terms of "service").
My feeling is that we are stuck because of different programming habits.
My proposal (to expand the contents of the "BloomFilter.java" file) should
be seen as a practical exercise around the misunderstanding, that would
hopefully lead us to a consensus.