Hi.

Le jeu. 7 nov. 2019 à 01:48, Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> >> I’ve borrowed the checkstyle, PMD and spot bugs config from commons-rng. I
> >> updated the parent to 49 and updated the travis build script to run the
> >> check goal instead of creating reports.
> >
> > I had updated the PMD configuration (copying from [RNG] and removing
> > references to specific classes) this afternoon.
>
> I did not really change the PMD config. Just a bump of the PMD versions.
>
> However pmd:check was never run so this is now in the default goal and run on
> travis.

I used to review this after
  $ mvn site site:stage

> Travis currently has a problem with the length of the log file being too long
> as Maven downloads the entire internet. So I’m trying a fix for that.
>

> >> This requires disabling checkstyle:check and pmd:check from failing.
> >> Checkstyle errors were previously listed. PMD has the following errors:
> >>
> >> [INFO] You have 23 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-core/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 16 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-complex/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 30 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-complex-streams/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 30 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-primes/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 13 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-quaternion/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 42 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-fraction/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 3 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-angle/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 192 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-gamma/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 35 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-combinatorics/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 14 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-arrays/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 10 PMD violations. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-field/target/pmd.xml
> >> [INFO] You have 1 PMD violation. For more details see:
> >> /Users/ah403/git/commons-numbers/commons-numbers-rootfinder/target/pmd.xml
> >
> > Yes, those should be fixed (and perhaps some could be considered
> > as false positives).
>
> I’m not planning on doing a lot of fixing. With RNG I made most of the PMD
> issues go away with some rule tweaking.

Quite fine; many of these "violations" tends to be nits (like "Do not
reuse method
arguments") and should not be blocking a release; the issue were in Commons Math
forever without anyone bothering.

> I will fix checkstyle though. This can be semi automated.

I can help fixing those, once you've pushed you pending changes to "master".

Gilles