>> On 23 Nov 2019, at 12:20, Gilles Sadowski <gillese...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Codec is absent from the snapshots repo [1].
>>>
>>> How are snapshots usually performed? Is this something to set up on the
>>> Jenkins build with INFRA?
>>
>> No; you can create a Jenkins project there:
>>    https://builds.apache.org/view/A-D/view/Commons/
>> (e.g. there is option to "copy an existing item", and then only have to
>> do minimal changes).
>> If the build passes, artefacts are uploaded to the snapshot repository.
>>

> After spending a while clicking a lot of links I think that I am missing
> some permissions for Jenkins. I cannot create new Jenkins projects. I cannot
> find anywhere in the commons-rng menus to see how the post-build action to
> deploy is configured in that project (I know this works for one of the rng
> Jenkins jobs).
>
> I presume that this is a simple option just missing from the codec Jenkins
> job [1].

Sorry, I had understood that there was no Jenkins project.
I've just created a "commons-codec-test" (to avoid breaking anything);
it seems that the "deploy" maven goal was missing.
The "test" project created the snapshots:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/commons-codec/commons-codec/1.14-SNAPSHOT/

> But I cannot see where to configure it, or if I have permissions to
> do so.

Are you logged in?

Giles