Just a nitpick for release-manager wannabes like myself about the pom.xml
*releaseManagerKey*.
Since my gpg knowledge was a bit rusty, I suppose others might have to seek the
info too...
Anyhow, around the 'update KEYS file if necessary', may be we could add:

If you haven't done so, execute 'gpg --import KEYS'. As a release-manager,
you'll need your key id (the 64 bits version) that you may find with 'gpg
--keyid-format LONG -k 0xDEADBEEF' where DEADBEEF is your short (32 bit) key id
 or 'gpg --list-signatures | grep <your_name>' .

Cheers