Hi Stefan and all.

> On 2020-07-24, Rob Tompkins wrote:
>
>>> On Jul 23, 2020, at 10:16 PM, Matt Sicker <boa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> Also, how different is a bot proposing a dependency update from a human
>>> doing the same? The bot includes far more context about the update in
>>> the
>>> PR comment, too, which is super useful for determining whether or not
>>> the
>>> dependency is worth updating. You can even configure it to only notify
>>> about security updates if it’s too noisy.
>
>> I don’t understand how substantive forward progress on a project can be
>> considered noisy. It’s just audit.
>
> Oh my, please calm down.

I didn't "feel" that any of the posts in this thread had an
angry tone, not any more than mine at the beginning of
the other thread.

Peter's remark, as yours, as mine, makes 3 people asking a
simple question about an as yet unknown source of emails
(that could therefore be qualified as "unsolicited").

Perhaps the three of us needed that _prior_ discussion on
"dev@" (i.e. present the proposal) rather than an after the
fact terse statement akin to "go figure yourself".

Perhaps we needed just that extra little time of a "human"
conversation to be convinced and not even blink at the
subsequent automated emails.

So a list of "bot" statements (in MD format) is now a good
enough substitute for that "conversation" (?).

That's the kind of "progress" which GitHub brings (along
with truly good things, I don't doubt, but which are not
what is being pointed at).

> Peter just said he hasn't been reading mails for a few days, is
> overwhelmed now and will need time to review what has happened. He
> didn't complain, he was apologizing for not responding immediately -
> which he shouldn't feel was necessary IMHO.

Certainly not he.